AutoCad Basic

AutoCad 2D Plan Basic

AutoCad


Description :

AutoCad All Engineer Common Software. To work on this software, you must first setup the page. So I have discussed how to setup the page.

Hi guys

I have prepared this tutorial for users that are using AutoCAD for the first timeso if this is your case welcome to my lessons. I hope you will learn something 

here and especially gain motivation to start working in AutoCADas you may noticed, this version is AutoCAD 2013 however if you have another version this will not be a 

problem because even different versions can change a bit the layout or the newest ones have more features all the basic and main things are mostly the same for example 

if you can work in AutoCAD 2005 it will not be too difficult to get used to AutoCAD 2016 or 17 for example and this is because a special characteristic of AutoCad is 

that we can start any action by typing the command name with the keyboard for example if I want to draw a line I can type LINE, and this with activate the 

command if i type options I will open the panel of options so its very simple if I hold my mouse pointer over any icon i t appears there a small box with 

a briefely explanation of this tool in this case its the multi line text and this word below is the command name so if i know it I can activate this action by 

inserting the name with the keyboard so the name of the commands are the same for all versions of course its possible that exists any exception and also some of 

them have been experiencing improvements all over the timeok now Im going to talk about the work spaceand how I can use the mouse and its buttons its 

possible that it seems a bit confusing at the beginning but dont worry because you will get used easily this cross is our mouse indicator and it has exactly this 

shape when we don't have any command active so the most common way to go to different sections of the drawing is using the mouse wheel if I scroll up, I can zoom 

in and if I scroll down, I zoom outto move the workspace just click and hold the well and slide it if you are familiar with Google Maps this works as the same way so 

it will be easy for you if you click anywhere with the right button this will open this panel here there are several options that you can choose the 

left button is used for selection if I want to select from the left to the right the selected area will appear as blue and I have to cover all my line if I just 

cover a part it will not be selected (as you can see here)but if I open the selection from the right to the left the selection area will be green and if I just touch 

the line it will be selected for cancel the selection just click on esc now i will start teaching you to draw in Autocad i will introduce you the command 

LINE this is the most basic tool and will be probably the one you will use most of time to draw a line I can go to the home panel on the top and click on 

the icon LINE with the left button another option is typing LINE with the keyboard and click ENTER if you look to the command bar, 

you can see that I have the command LINE active also the mouse indicator has changed now it does't have the square in the middle that appears in this 

form when i use any drawing tools you can find them in this panel to start drawing I can just click somewhere here to enter the first point and click again where I want 

the second point for example, here now I can enter a second line but i can type ESC to cancel the command ok, so we have drawn a line however it was without 

any specific dimension and direction and this is not going to be useful for usI want to show you how to insert a horizontal line with dimension 1000 for now the units 

does't matter i will show you how to edit them later if i type ENTER now I activate the command LINE again this is because it was the last 

command I have been using and its very useful for repeatedly actions I click to insert the first point and im going to drag to the right here appeared this 

dashed green line and saying here POLAR this means that my line will be horizontal now i will type 1000 and type ENTER this line is completely 

horizontal and specified as 1000 to be possible to draw completely horizontal or vertical lines we need the POLAR MODE on now i will deactivated it which 

is here at the bottom, to show you what will happen I will draw another line now and as you see, the dashed line is not there and even if I try to draw it as horizontal 

as possible it will be for sure a little bit out of the place for this reason, I strongly recommend you to have the POLAR MODE on if you need to do lots of 

horizontal and vertical LINES to draw only orthogonal lines I can switch on the ORTHO MODE which is this button next to the polar mode drawing a 

line again So, I click for my first point and the cursor only lets me to draw a vertical or horizontal line so i will type now 100 now 200 and 

then I continue drawing this will be 100.I will draw another line I can draw how many lines as I want when i finish i simply click. ESC this last 

one I have to make it 100 to match the line below So, the last thing I will teach you about the command LINE is to draw a line with a specified 

angle i will draw first an horizontal line and the next one, I want to draw it with length 200 now if I type the button TAB I can specify the 

angle that i want i will put for example 30 degrees and click enter to place it so in this next section i will explain you how to set up and edit units One thing 

I recommend is drawing with scale 1:1 I mean if you want to draw a line with one meter of length draw it with the real length and not with 1 cm for example thats 

because its easier to not get confused and you only need to scale the drawing when you will plot it now if you look to the bottom left corner you can see the 

coordinates of the mouse pointer and of course, the first one is , the second Y and the third one is Z and this is always zero

 because we are working in 2 dal so this point is where my coordinates are all 0 now i am going to set up my units I will type units and press ENTER to open this panel here

 were says length I can choose the type of that I want in my case I use decimal units but I know in some countries is common to use the architectural or 

engineering units in the precision, you have all these options to choose and in this side, you can choose the type of angle units I will choose decimal degrees in the 

insertion scale we will choose the units that we want if you use standard units but those are just used for conversion when we want to insert a block or an external 

image just for drawing, that units don't matter thats because AutoCAD has a dimensionless system of measurement we only need to put the scale when we need to 

print now I want to show you a common issue especially when we are using millimeters we notice that our workspace is not very wide but this is simple to solve if I 

draw a very long line like for example 100,000 mm of course it will not fit in the drawing but i am going to type Z for zoom I press Enter and now I type A for all as you see.

Post a Comment

0 Comments